Saturday, June 30, 2007

Lazy Weekend: Saturday

(forecast: 109° and sunny)

It is going to be one of those weekends. You know those weekends where you just have so many chores to do and so many things to get done that you never see the light of day? Well, this isn't one of those weekends. This weekend involves a lot of relaxing and a lot of hanging out poolside.

We kicked things off today, the main goal of the day: Cool off from the 110° temps at Jon & Lindsay's pool. We met Jon & Lindsay about a month or so back while at the wedding of our mutual friends Chris & Heidi. Jon & Lindsay are getting married the weekend before Heather and I so we had an instant bond with them. Jon & Lindsay are currently renting a very large home down in Maricopa with four other people and the backyard just happens to have a nice pool. They are moving in a couple weeks so it seemed appropriate to have one last farewell to the place with a pool party. So after eating a great brunch prepared by Heather and her twin sister, Shaunda, we headed down to Maricopa. Oh, I guess I should mention that before driving to Maricopa we stopped by DQ to pick up hot dogs and hamburgers for grilling later in the day (a benefit of owning a Dairy Queen).

The pool felt great and after cooling off for a little while I managed to convince Lindsay to play a game of Hillbilly Golf with me. Although I beat Lindsay, Jon played against me later in the evening and avenged her loss. Along with their housemates Jon & Lindsay also have four dogs living with them. Two boxers, whose names I have already forgotten loved running around the edge of the pool and attempting to catch water in their mouth when we would splash it at them. I honestly could have been entertained for hours with just those two dogs and a pool of water to splash at them.

I don't know the breeds of the other two dogs but both Lucy (left) and Chloe (above) were cute, small and made me wish we had brought Sera with us to play with them. Chloe hasn't learned how to shake yet so I thought I would train her using pieces of my hot dog bun as her treat. She never really seemed to get the hang of it but was smart enough to grab my hot dog from me when I wasn't looking! We enjoyed some great DQ burgers and hot dogs, hung around in the pool for a while and then headed home around 9pm. So six hours out in the sun... not too shabby for a Saturday.

But now we need to get some sleep. Tomorrow we have brunch with my sister who is in town for a conference and then we are spending a few hours by the pool at the Biltmore Resort & Spa where she is staying.

Yeah, it's one of those weekends.

No comments: