Friday, February 15, 2008

¿El Camino de Toyota?

We're all entitled to like different things, regardless of how stupid some of those things may be. Along those same lines we also have the freedom to rant about the things we don't like. Today on my way to work I saw two things that I really didn't like. I only managed to get a photo of one of those things though and let's face it, we all love pictures.

For those that don't know I drive a pickup truck. A 2006 Toyota Tacoma to be exact. It's no sports car or luxury vehicle but I've grown up driving trucks and I just like them. (See first sentence of blog.) A truck is great for when you want to get outdoors and travel somewhere that might require a little higher clearance than your average sedan. If you're in the habit of hauling things or helping friends move, a truck is probably your choice vehicle. If you're a plumber, electrician, or work in construction, you probably drive a truck because its features better help you do your job.

Now, I'm no plumber or construction worker. I'm a software consultant. However, I was raised in a hardworking, blue-collar family and I maintain a rather blue-collar personality. I enjoy being able to help friends move, or occasionally haul something around when need be. I also enjoy the outdoors and my truck allows me to go some places a car can't. This is why I own a truck and it's my opinion that this is true for most people who own trucks. Then there's this guy (on the left):



<rant>What is wrong with this guy!? First off, as he drives down the I-10 I can't help but notice how the bed of his truck is wobbling, displaying his shoddy workmanship. Beyond the obvious though this man has stripped this truck of all its handy features! He's sitting lower than most of the cars whizzing by so the occasional off-road adventure is out of the question. You'll notice directly to his right is the exact make and model of his vehicle, sans stupidity. Furthermore, hauling anything in that bed more than a few pounds (given his poor workmanship) would probably push his bumper to the ground, sending sparks flying. Hell, I bet he bottoms-out when going over speed bumps!

I'm appalled whenever I see something like this, even more so in this case because it's a Tacoma. If that's the look you're going for, save yourself some time and buy an old El Camino.</rant>

Wow, I really thought I'd be more up-in-arms while ranting about this. I guess Friday has a way of calming me down.

1 comment:

R.A. Porter said...

good god. What a tool. Reminds me of the jackholes with the deep dish wheels and low-profile tires on their Escalades.