Thursday, February 14, 2008

Media Mayhem

So I've been tagged. Not being a big blogger (obviously) it was a good thing my buddy Richard (Coyote Squirrel's Random Musings) was kind enough to explain it to me. He actually had to tell me I had been tagged since I've been a horrible friend lately and haven't kept up with his excellent blog. Anyway, here goes...

Books:
This is easy. I've got numerous books in play right now but they've all been sitting idle for quite some time. At the top of the list is Cormac McCarthy's The Road. Honestly I don't know how I've managed to keep my eyes off this book. Next is The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach. I don't have the extra cash I need to start some serious investing, but once I do I'll be ready (that is if I actually finish reading the book). Finally there's The Five Love Languages. I bought this book by Gary Chapman in a failed attempt to save my engagement. Even with that relationship being over I still think there's a lot of value to this book. Eventually I'll finish it and hopefully find better ways to communicate to my friends & family how much I care for them.


TV:
Well early last week my DirecTV box took a crap so TV viewing has been limited to the channels over the airwaves. Luckily I have the entire series of Arrested Development on DVD. Seriously, a tear comes to my eye when I think about how long-lasting this show could have been if Fox had marketed it better. (Come on!) Right now there really isn't much on. I like October Road, as cheesy and predictable as it might be. Prison Break has sucked me back in; not because it's good (it's horrible) but because I'm already familiar with the storyline and there's nothing else to watch. My TV is recording the new LOST episodes but I'm currently deciding whether to abandon the island or start watching again (which will undoubtedly lead right back to me wishing I hadn't started watching it again, but it'll be too late. Damn you J.J. Abrams!)


Music:
I'm all over the place here, so I'll just touch on a few. In my truck I'm primarily switching back and forth between two albums. V is for Vagina by Puscifer, which is an interesting industrial/trip-hop experiment by Maynard James Keenan and Graduation by Kanye West. On the iPod I've been listening to a lot of acoustic stuff, primarily anything by Mike Doughty, formerly of the 90's band Soul Coughing. Currently my iTunes is blaring out my entire collection of head banging music by Sevendust.


Unfortunately, I don't really know five other bloggers to pass this on to, so this game of tag ends with me. I lose. Goodnight.

1 comment:

R.A. Porter said...

Nice. I've got to read The Road at some point, too. Maybe after college bball season I'll take a long weekend, sneak into the Pointe Hilton at Squaw Peak, get on the lazy river, and read for three days straight.

Sun, drinks, words, and illicit lazy-rivering. Can't be beat.